Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tea Shops and Sliding Attics

Ewww long time since my last post. But I have been soooo busy.
First, I finally finished my CA Wells project which was a "sliding purse", and soon as I can I will post pictures. It is such an awesome piece and I did a fair job on it. What makes me so thrilled is that it is an advance project.
In addition, I've made great progress on my Quaker Motif sewing case. I am currently working on attaching the hand-made cording. I still have to construct tassels.
I finally got my order from the Attic in Mesa, Az and was I ever pleased. I now have to line things up and attach the scrimshaw to my shaker box....hmm I'll try to get pictures of that up as well, because it really is something special to see.
I've completed my stitching on both celtic pockets and I just have that finishing to do. I started on a french project by Sylvie Tonnelier and I still have the needle page and the little house to stitch, definitely not ready for the finishing on that one.
Got some more storage bins to help me in my organization of my stitching. Hmmm I've not decided if it really helps or not.
I've signed up for two online yahoo group classes which Martina Weber is doing and I am very excited about the projects. One starts in Feb and the other in April and both will last a year not including the finishing. Wow! What a commitment.
The Pottery Barn is my newest discovery and more specifically their display boxes....which are just perfect for displaying my needlework. Am so pleased. Soon as I get moved later this year, I plan to created a whole wall of display boxes.
I've made a great discovery of mother-of-pearl pieces that I can use as thread-winders.
Much reading has taken place. I've completed Laura Childs murder mysteries, both the scrapbook series and the tea shop series. It so made me wanna go find a tea shop to hang out for awhile. So cool!! Just loved those books and I emailed her and she was so nice to respond back! Now I am working on a mystery series that takes place in a chocolate shop by Joanna Carl. They are pretty good, definitely growing on me.
I've gotten the new Enya CD, Amarantine. I love it! There is nothing really different on the CD it is just her usual sound so if you love her music, you will not be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home