Monday, November 14, 2005

Valley of the Sun

Oh yes, I have just returned from the Valley of the Sun. I had such an amazing trip to Arizona. The workshops with Merry Cox were overwhelming and amazing at the same time. She is a fantastic teacher and I very much want to take more of her workshops. First, I need to finish the projects I went there to do. Also, visited the Jean's shop The Attic in Mesa and it is wonderful! I so wish we had such a shop in the Dallas area. The highlight of my trip was meeting Sylvie Tonnelier the designer of Au Fils de Reves from Paris, France. I had a wonderful time chatting with her and she told me the correct way to pronounce my last name...woohoo!! I do love her designs and can't wait to see the new stuff she is coming out with. I picked up some wonderful little antique thread winders carved from mother-of-pearl from the Attic shop.
BTW, have I mentioned I'm not a fan of the airlines? Do they even know the meaning of the words...CUSTOMER SERVICE? I think not.
Right now, I am just overwhelmed with unfinished projects. Soooo, besides signing up for Martina Weber's Grape Thread Keeper Book, I'm not taking on any new projects. I have started up my goal list again. First on my list is to finish up that CA Wells project that has been looming over my head.
Last weekend, Jackie, Linda and I went to Mineola, Texas to the Eye of the Needle and made out like bandits. That shop is closing and we got fanastic bargains at 50% off.
I got my car serviced and I've a brand new dryer and life is looking good.
Will try not to wait so long between blog entries now, that I've recovered from my 3 weeks of illness.
Completed reading Snow and Ashes.....owww it was good and definiate must read in the Outlander series. Am still nawing away on Son of a Witch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home