Luncheon Warlords
My heart just goes out to the Londoners. This was such a great week with them getting the olympics and then the bombings.
Started a new audio book called Warlord, am finding it difficult to stay interested, in fact, it put me to sleep twice.....not a good sign.
Had my blackwork group and forgot to bring my blackwork, instead I worked on my hardanger but didn't get much accomplished as I spent most of the day shopping. The shop has 25% off so I stocked up on threads and material mostly. I didn't go to Arlington as planned and do tatting which is sad but I couldn't pass up the sale soooooo.
On Sunday I met with Christopher and Ashley and had lunch. I do so like THE girl. It was a good lunch and Chris talked about his trip to the Andes. He gave me a blank book, all hand made and a wall hanging with the most vibrant blues, blacks and whites. It depicts daily life out on Titakaka Lake. Definitely my favourite piece. I just wish I could have spent more time talking with him about the trip. But Chris tends to only allot me so much time and that is it.
I started on the Jane Timmers piece ... that needs to be done by Oct. I did finish the back band and started on the other back piece. The largest part with be the front piece. Am considering going to Plano tomorrow in order to work on a Christmas ornament project. I"ll be needing a few of those this holiday season with my guilds as we tend to do ornament exchanges. I've got the 2004 magazine Just Cross Stitch....their ornament special edition....think I will stitch one of those patterns.
I hear someone is considering buying the Stitchery. I sure hope someone does!!! But our group is planning other places to meet nearby so least we won't stop getting together.
Tomorrow Rhoda will be back at work from her uncle's funeral and I do hope things went well for her, funerals are never easy.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home