A Woman King in the Geographer's Library
I've made great progress with my Drawn Thread project, Sanctuary...I've gotten the walkway around the water-center stitched with the reverse cushion square stitch. And I got it done correctly the first time without having to remove any stitches!!
Had my sit N stitch tonight and it was great fun we had so many people we had to set up another table. I test-drove a new lamp/magnifier combo....this one is small....tabletop and I'm thinking it would be great for taking with me when I go stitching at different places. The base could be heavier and I wonder where I can get replacement lights for it. Am sad that the pulled thread workshop on Saturday has been cancelled and so has tatting class in Arlington. But our stitching group is getting together on Saturday and will be stitching all day long except for a lunch break. Tomorrow night I've got charming ladies group and we are going to have a pot luck dinner before the group starts. Jennifer and I are both afraid we are going to forget to bring our food. We've had several new people join our stitching group. I just can't say enough great things about this group of people I stitch with, they are like family to me....they are very caring, fun group that is open and non-judgemental and always looking to learn new things. The only thing I hate is how time just flies when we are all together.
I so like that Iron and Wine group that I got a couple more of their CDs...the latest one called Woman King seems to be quite good. I highly recommend the group, they are fantastic imo. I really need to bring it to stitching group for Tamara to hear cause it sounds like something you would hear in Deadwood and she's a fan of Deadwood. I finished reading A Geographer's Library and it was alright, not something I can recommend. I did pick up Victoria Thompson's new book and a few others I can't recall at the moment. Am so NOT sure when I'll get around to reading them.
Here's an exerpt from Woman King:
hundred years, hundred more
someday we may see a
woman king, sword in hand
swing at some evil and bleed
<< Home