A Content Needle Stitching Alibies
I've been very busy. I finished reading "Alibi" and it was alright, but not something I would highly recommend. I have started a new book called, "The Geographer's Library", or something like that.
Hardly, can I believe it, but I did start my snowflake project. Am stumbling around with it, barely knowing what I am doing. Robin is a wonderful teacher. I'm just slow on the uptake.
Finally, I decided on what classes I will take for Lone Star Stitching and the main one will be "Miss Hannah's House", the other is of some stumpwork if I recall correctly. I got it all mailed off before the deadline. Also, I've picked up my projects for Tudor Rose in Oct with Jane Timmers from Fancy Work on a Quaker Sewing Kit. I drove to Arlington to pick up that project and spent the afternoon with Cathy in her shop. I also drove over to Marcia's place and picked up another project with EGA with Edie, which will be in July, I gotta get stitching on that one very soon.
I've completed the back panel of my CA Wells project and am currently working on the front panel. Am making slow but steady progress.
Had a wonderful time at Tudor Rose Sampler Guild meeting. We learned about Quaker samplers and that there are several types: Extract, Globe, Medallion and Alphabet (&/or Lexion). There were also two main schools: one in Pa and the other in Yorkshire, England. We concluded the evening with a stitching project of a small medallion quaker sampler. I still have to finish mine of course *smirks*.
Had Hardanger group on Thursday and we started a new sampler. I really chose outstanding colours and had the whole group owwwing and ahhhing over it. We'll see if it stitches up as good. The colour thread I chose was kelp and the material is a sage or celedon colour.
Blackwork group didn't really meet. Instead we took several cars and drove up to Mineola and went to the Eye of the Needle. I did some MAJOR shopping there and even picked up a couple of ivory rulers and thread winders. They are made from piano keys. Also picked up my silver charms of stitches I'm collecting and I think I only lack a dozen at this point.
Got another installment of the Berlin Woolwork sampler which I haven't started yet and am still trying to get my crewel yarns.
Went also to the shop in Plano and met the designer for Needle's Content, *hops*. Was so excited to meet her and she is so nice. I got a few more of her patterns and got her to sign my charts. Denise, the shop owner invited me to go to dinner with them on Tuesday night, am very much looking forward to it. Her shop has also started two new groups .... one meets on Monday nights to stitch christmas stuff and one on Wednesday nights stitches Sanctuary which is a Drawn Thread design.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home