Sunday, May 29, 2005

Midnight at the DMA

I've had such an amazing memorial holiday. Took Friday off instead of Monday. On Thurday we had sit N stitch which was good as usual. Got some accomplished on my CA Wells project, but I've still not completed the border yet on the 3rd piece. Anyway, on Friday we had charming ladies, which I was late for because I'd spent the day shopping. We worked on a summertime charm featuring lemonade and I did manage to finish the piece. Just have to mount and frame it. We also send out for italian...yum! On Saturday, I went tatting in Arlington and learned how to read the tatting directions. Am still awkward in my opinion but Robin, my instructor, thinks I'm ready to start a project. So next time I'm to start a snowflake. We'll see how I actually do with that next time.
Took a nap when I got home then went to the DMA at midnight for the final showing of the Qinglong exhibit before it goes back to China. Its such an amazing exhibit, I just had to see it once more. They had a huge turnout and the line was VERY long. Suprisingly the line moved very fast and by 1 a.m. I was in the exhibit. While waiting in line they had TVs set up showing parts of the exhibit and generally weaving a story about Qinglong's life and amazing rule of China. Plus they had music playing. Everyone was chatting and upbeat which made the line very tolerable. After I saw the China exhibit, I then looked at the Indoesian textile exhibt and then at the french paintings and the roman, greek and etruscan gold and statues. I didn't see everything cause by about 2:30 my brain just wasn't functioning.
I've started reading "The Alchemist".
I watched the Aviator which I totally loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home