Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Special Hells and Purses

Had such a busy and wonderful day today.
After work I ran over to the Bath and Body shop cause they are having a semi annual sale and I have to stock up on soaps since I sent a good bit of stash to Jon. Picked up some angel food cake lotion...*boggles* I keep looking around for the cake. It definitely smells like cake...YUM!! Also got myself a purse with that burber fur inside....Its so cuddly. Am taking it on the retreat with me *beams*. Then the sales lady didn't put my purse in my bag and I didn't realize it till I got home and had to run back out to the mall *grumbles*
Tonight was my Tudor Rose Sampler Guild meeting. They did a presentation on Spanish samplers and I learned alot about them like the motifs they used and about the history including the circumstances the samplers were often learned. For example, girl usually learned their stitches as part of their religious education by the nuns in the Catholic church and this was certainly true of the French as well. The most striking difference with the English and Dutch samplers is that the English and Dutch samplers were often of pastorial scenes. The Spanish samplers were very geometric and of course were heavily influenced by the Arabs.
Also got my CA Wells slide purse project. I've got to have the borders stitched by Sunday *whimpers* guess everyone knows what I will be doing feverishly over the next few days. Am planning to run it by the Stitchery and get the edges serged so I don't have to worry about raveling.
Since I was in Irving, Chris invited me over and so at 10pm I made it over to his place, grabbed a quick bite to eat and then headed home after he scared me to death with frightening stories of my demise going home so late. Surely there is a special hell set aside for him *smirks*.... EVIL EVIL EVIL.... boy is a chip off the old block for sure *halo*.
Made it home safe and sound by 11:30!!
Let see how crazy I can make tomorrow...MAHAHAHAH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home