Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Misadventure with the Keys

I've been on vacation this past week and have done very little, but then that is what vacations are for, yes? Ok, well I have been working on the genealogy and have 11,800 in the database. I've a goal of 15k by the end of the year. I thought by now I'd be finished my main lines and working on cousins, but not so. I think...I have this unrealistic idea that this project can actually be completed at some point in the future.
I watched a few new DVDs like, "The Village", "White Castle", "Little Black Book" and "The Murder of Crows". I really liked the Village especially cause it was a period piece (sorta), though I didn't find it that scarey and White Castle was funny. Little black book was stupid....if you don't trust a person then you got no relationship. The murder of crows is an older one, I think. It had some surprising twists and turns in it.
I added to my tarot collection which I have not done in a long time. I got "Tarot of the Dead"...MAHAHAHA. I've not much clue what the cards look like....I don't open these things as it decreases their value.
I'm packing today for my retreat. I leave tomorrow for four glorious days of stitching. I have worked on the CA Wells project and I have to say that this sequencing and mirroring makes stitching alot more time consuming and I don't really see the difference in the asthetic value of it. At least not at this point. But I'm doing it mostly cause I want to learn. Problem is I need speed cause this project has to be finished by Feb 12 and I'm feeling the pressure.
Will post pictures of the retreat when I get back. Am not taking the laptop with me afterall. This silly retreat place has no phone lines in the rooms. They must be serious about being a "getaway". Sheesh, I can't totally unplug....its not healthy *halo*.
Chris had to come meet me in the parking lot of the mall last night. Can't believe it!! I locked my car key in my trunk. I'm usually not this careless. But the boy was great! He hopped right over and got my spare key and brought it to me with no fuss at all.
Then Chris tells me that he's signed his new lease and will be moving around Feb 12th. He's moving downtown and I'm looking forward to seeing his new place, but I'm NOT thrilled about him being on the 3rd floor, *grumbles and spits*.
Have definitely been working on a new box for Jon and nearly have it filled up but not quite. By the way, Jon if you are out there let us know. EVERYONE is getting worried about you!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home