The Best Tools
Had my EGA meeting last night and had a great time. We had a program on embrodiery tools and I must say that no one had cooler tools than I've got...*hops* I think the best tool anyone brought was a glass laying tool, but I recently obtained one and its made in Italy. Its very wonderful with swirls of colour in it. I did learn that it is best for laying silk threads. I do have the best tools....woohoo!! Then we had dinner at La Madeleine's which I enjoyed. The potato soup was yummy.
I've made good progress with reading. I've completed the "Rarest of the Rare", which I highly recommend. I also completed "The Codex" and "The Broker", both were good.
Also got some DVD viewing in and watched the following, "Catwoman", "Forgotten", "Cellular" and the final episode of Farscape which I loved.
Am under the weather again, I think I've got a cold which I strongly suspect I got from my last stitch group cause they were all sick.
I'm looking into getting myself a bobbin lace pillow....I think I want a cookie pillow and some bone carved bobbins.
I did finally get supplies to do Tambour Work which is a form of fine crocheted lace onto netting. I also discovered something called Bunka embrodiery. Its kinda like russian needlepunch but not exactly. This bunka is a japanese technique, I think. And I got pounce stuff so I can do pattern transfers.
Am planning to read a young adult book next, "Sorcery and Cecelia". Tomorrow night I've got sit N stitch and Friday is my Charming Ladies group.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home