Friday, November 26, 2004

Shopping Sprees and Atlantian Hobbits

Shopping. Isn't that what the day after Thanksgiving seems to be all about? Amazingly enough, there was even mall reports on the radio, much like traffic reports, letting would-be shoppers know just how full a particular mall was at a given time. Now, just what do you do if Mall A is 90% full and just what does that mean? I think it meant that the parking area was 90% full, but when has that stopped anyone from shopping in a mall? You just park on the streets or whatever, right? The really interesting thing to me was just how full these malls were supposed to be. I don't think any of them were below 80% capacity. What exactly does that do to a shopper to know that the mall is 80% full. Do you want to run out to that mall before it totally fills up? And by the way, there were malls reported to be 100% full, which I still can't comprehend. Personally, if I hear the mall is at 80% capacity, I don't know about you, but I don't want to get anywhere near the thing. I'm driving down the road and like trying to figure out how to totally avoid even driving near them, cause I'm thinking crowd like for a football game and you know how slow those things are to empty and the traffic you have to sit in before you can get where you are wanting to go. I really don't even want to be in a mall that is 100% full. Oh, I imagine it would be an experience, but not one I'm wanting to have. Never mind the insanity of trying to shop in such an environment, I'm totally concerned about the safety issues. If all our malls were pretty much filled to capacity I'm wondering just how much of the city was actually NOT in a mall today. I avoided that all together and shopped in little shops, which brings me to my sad news. I learned today that another stitching shop is closing. It was great that they were having 50% off, I totally enjoyed that, but I'm deeply sadden that we have only one stitching shop left in our metroplex. I do not want to totally shop on the internet for my stitching needs. Like any artist its vital to have the opportunity to see and touch the fabric and threads that I'll be using. Light is so important and no photo on the web is going to reveal to you just exactly how the light plays with the thread or fabric. I could just go on and on about this issue. The internet is so wonderful in so many ways and I am assured that even if there are no more shops that I can still get my supplies online, but its times like this when you also realize the limitations of the net.
I am happy to be majorly stocked up on platinum needles. *Hops*

After my chat with Jonathan earlier, I'm contemplating the longevity of canned meats and just how long does summer sausage last in its plastic bubble. I've mini fridges and single burners and toaster ovens rolling round in my head. Life ought to not be rough, even if its remote. Hey, that's a good saying, you can quote me *halo*.

Course before all this talk, there was the news report that Atlantis has been found *blinks*, yes, its true, some American researcher is claiming to have found the lost city and guess where it is? *taps foot impatiently* Yes, right there, right under our noses.....the isle of Cypress. He supposedly goes through all this explaination as to why it is Cypress and of course, there is a book involved that is for sale, isn't there usually? But no matter how good his arguement, I still see one major problem.....didn't Atlantis sink? Don't think Cypress has sunk. Think Thera is the best candidate for Atlantis, assuming it ever existed and why not? It might have existed. I mean if we now have hobbits that ran around years and years ago, why not an Atlantis? And the whole hobbit thing bothers me too, I mean are they supposed to be shorter than the pygmies? Are they related? No seems to have address this far as I've read. Its all quite interesting though. Definitely something to contemplate while trying to negociate the malls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home